Friday 13 April 2012

Behind every names, there's a wonderful meaning.

I have been hiatus for quite some time, due to study loads and busy balancing life. Alhamdulillah, everything seems smooth even there's a rocky road I have to face it. I'm at home currently; happily well feed, be in my comfy room but kinda dusty since we have small construction for smooth convenient in future. While spending my time reading books (obviously far away from reading my study text), I found good Islamic Name for babies from my mum's collection. Yeah I have this weird hobby, collecting names for future babies which Insyallah I will have them one fine day.

Discussing with mama, she prefer's name with Islamic meaning yet still unique, Arabic's type of name and definitely good meaning behind. Me and mama, slightly dislike most Malay's name because for us there's no point having good name without deep Islamic meaning because every name carries du'a about that particular person.

As for my name "Ain Afiqah" it means 'eyes of glory' which implied to me as I have to give my very best to suits my name together with the meaning. I have questions parents; why there prefer calling me 'Afiqah' instead of 'Ain'; simple because 'Afiqah' means glory which both my parents wants me to be the best and achieving the dreams. Masyallah; thank you Allah for giving me wonderful parents that always call me the best by just naming me.

There's such numerous name that caught my attention after shortlisted few of them into my notebook. Some of them sounds catchy and sound very English. As for my opinion a name; should be simple short and meaningful to be called. Plus I still prefer 2 names; like mine "Ain" for my first name, "Afiqah" for my middle name and "Ab Rahman" will be my last name and it's my dad's name. I believe some people prefer long and more characters or even just one name to be completed, it actually depends on that person and his/her partners.

Since me and "Mr Future Husband" haven't been married legally, choosing name for babies are just to delay my spare time at home. I hope he likes it, since it have beautiful meaning inside. I know, for some Malays the name that I choose might sound weird or maybe not their cup of tea but I believe a good name with good Islamic guidance for life by the parents Insyallah the kids will grow up to be a good Muslim.

Some people might ask, why I choose Arabic's name that hardly been used by Malay's community since Malays-Muslim also have good list of wonderful name with good meanings. My answer were simple, I love being Malays but I want my daughters and sons to be unique; stand up for their dreams and proud to be their-self without trying to be somebody else so that's why I choose Arabic's( name start with letter U which hardly to see many Malays used it but in future I'm not sure about that fact). Meaning; proud of their names, and achieve their dreams in their own ways because they want it not because people on their surrounding force them to do it.

sources; Google image


As for my sons;
Umar Miyaz - Name of the 2nd Khalifah and excellent.
Uwais Mikael - Giving and one of Allah's angel.

As for the daughters;
Lana Marissa - Soft and pride.
Layla Maysa - Dark beauty and walking with pride.

Insyallah; when the time come all this will turn into reality. Keep praying to Allah as hoping the plan will be done smoothly.

Till then we meet again Insyallah,
Ain Afiqah Ab Rahman.

No comments:

Post a Comment